Waiting
I figured that even though there isn't really any news I should still post occasionally since I have given people the blog address. There are all kinds of rumors on the board today about the reported slow down of referrals. All kinds of reasons are stated from many sources, a lot of which I don't believe but such is life. The truth is that I will never know why and it really doesn't matter. Ella will join us when she is supposed to (much easier to say sometimes than others).
At first I thought this referral would come in October or November so I thought I would be getting ready to travel right now. Obviously that is not the case and most days I can live with that. To be honest, despite all the paperwork and initial waiting, I was not prepared for how emotionally taxing the waiting would be. I figured that I would have plenty to do to get ready and I wouldn't have that much time to concentrate on this. WRONG!! I don't mean that it has been bad necessarily, just not what I expected. Of course, I can't really tell you what I expected anyway.
So the good news. The nursery is almost done thanks to family and friends for lots of help. Sean (my nephew) did most of the artwork for the bedroom and bathroom. My parents helped drag the furniture up several flights of stairs and we put the furniture together (with very little swearing, I might add) and rearranged the room. My friend Jessie came over to help me hang up the art and drapery hardware. I am very lucky to have all of this help and Ella will be so lucky to have all these great people around to love and care for her.
My local singles group met here yesterday morning and I got to show off the nursery. I also got to spend time with women in all different parts of this process (including three friends with little ones alreay home, some for several years). It was great to have Marissa and Julia running around the house and WenLi giggling as she entertained all the waiting moms. Seeing the girls and their moms helps to make this all seem real when it seems its most remote.
So, hopefully the next group of referrals come this week (that means you are next, Stacy!!!) And that puts me one group closer to bringing Ella home. Happy Birthday, Rachel and Julia!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home