Life Keeps Moving On
It has been a while since I have posted. It is almost impossible for me to believe that Ella was placed in my arms exactly four months ago today. She continues to be the greatest joy of my life and despite the growing pains we both experience with my return to work I am very lucky.
I returned to work on July 19th and we were given an amazing gift from my mom, she took two weeks off from her job to help us transition. She and Ella had a great time (although I think Grandma was a bit tired at times) and it made my life so much easier as I knew she was a happy baby while I was away.
On August 1st Ella started daycare and while our arrangements include many loving people we both continue to adjust to that routine. I won't exactly say that I am a morning person but I enjoy that little bit of extra time with her in the morning as she usually gets up about the same time that I do. We even usually have time to read a couple of stories before we head out to the car.
As we have entered this new phase of our life I just want to say thank you to friends and family who helped to make our first three months home a fun and activity filled time in our lives. Amazing to think that the little girl who wouldn't let anyone else hold her for almost the first three weeks is the one who can't wait to have her grandparents and aunts and uncle take her to play.
And our really big news, Ella is walking (Grandpa Bob is so excited to have a walking buddy). She gets steadier on her feet all the time and doesn't crawl much anymore. She likes to walk around the house and will hold out her hand to walk around with you. Tonight she took my hand (her bottle in the other) and actually walked with me into her room to get ready for bed. So amazing to watch her change and grow, it really does happen so quickly.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home