Thursday, April 19, 2007

Happy Family Day!!!








It is amazing to think back on the past year and realize that Ella and I really have been a family for a year today. I am overwhelmed by the absolute joy she has brought to my life. Tonight Ella went out to dinner with Mommy, Grandpa "Bob", Grandma and Aunt Jenny to celebrate this milestone and I sat across the table from Ella as she sat on Grandma's lap and marveled at this amazing little girl. She is smart and funny (she thinks so too). She is loving and opinionated (like her mother according to Grandpa "Bob") and constantly on the move (which many times has my heart in my throat as I watch and try to prevent any major mishaps). She has started to pretend she is going to kiss or hug someone and when they get close she pulls away and says, "no, no" and starts to laugh at herself. She did that tonight as we were saying good-bye so everyone said their good-byes and went to their cars. Shortly after they walked away she started to call their names and say, "tiss, tiss". In true Bahna family style I signaled the other car, everyone pulled over and when I got out to tell them she wanted kisses before we left, they all got out of the car and got big kisses and hugs from her (including Mommy).

Uncle Rob could not join us tonight as he is out of town on business although he was there with us in spirit. Just a quick "we love you" to him as we celebrate this day.

I love you Ella and cannot imagine my life without you. I cannot wait to see what the coming year brings for us and all our family and friends.

2 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS KIM and Ella!.

A year ago your site and experience gave me hope to continue with the annoying paperchase and now you give me hope to continue with the LONG WAIT!.......... :)
Cristina

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim-

I am in awe of Ella. She is a beautiful little bundle. Oh, I just want to squeeze her tight. Look at those cheeks. They are truly so kissable. I am so happy that you are realizing the dream of parenting Ella.

Wishing you years and years of happiness together.

The Hardiman Clan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home