The Princess Ball with Grampy
On a Friday night, Grampy (and Grammy) drove from Lindenhurst to Park Ridge so that Grampy and Ella could attend the Princess Ball at the Park District there. Ella woke up that morning saying to me, "Happy Princess Ball Day, Mama" and kept telling me she was so excited. It was a magical evening for her. The evening started with a makeover and play session with about 20 other girls attending the ball (I wasn't even allowed in to watch). Then the Dads and Grandpa arrived to meet their princesses as they walked down the Cinderella carpet. Grandpa wore a suit with a matching tie and they went into the ball (Grammy and I got to go out to dinner on our own). As we left we could see them dancing by the DJ. Imagine my 4 year old Ella with the decorated gym, in a beautiful dress and her beloved Grampy. They had pizza, drinks and chocolate and then.... Unknown to Ella and I, Cinderella and Prince Charming arrived to greet the girls, take photos AND dance and chat with the little girls. When Grammy and I got back to the ball, Ella was completely in heaven chatting with Prince Charming (including refusing to dance with him with her head cocked and hands on her hips). ADORABLE. Of course, she was trying her Dancing with the Stars routines which Grampy had to deal with but it was such a wonderful evening for both of them (check out Dad's smile in the photos) and a forever memory for my girl. Thanks, Dad, we love you very much for being such a wonderful father figure for Ella!!


2 Comments:
My daughter Lindsey and I loved seeing Ella as a beautiful princess! What a special evening it looks like she had!!!!
What a BEAUTIFUL princess !! You will cherish these pictures forever !! So Touching !
Nana Pollack
Post a Comment
<< Home