Monday, January 30, 2006

Happy New Year

Yesterday I met some of the women and girls in our local single's group to enjoy the Chinese New Year Parade in Chinatown here in Chicago. It was absolutely packed in Chinatown with people from all over the city, including many families with daughters adopted from China. I am very happy to say that in addition to Stacy, Laurie, Julia, Mary, Marissa, Chris and Michelle, my parents and their friends met us for the parade. It is certainly not the longest (in distance or time) parade in the city but they did have the Chinese dragons and a few other traditional celebrations of Chinese New Year.

Truthfully I didn't really reflect much on the new year as we started 2006 but after a really difficult week I decided that now would be a great time to let go of the stress and disappointment of the past year of waiting to look forward with great joy and anticipation of Ella's referral. The latest group of referrals included my friend Stacy and her absolutely beautiful and healthy daughter Sophie Mei. Sophie will be 9 months old on February 1st and is absolutely adorable. Her referral has to be a sign of all the good things to come. I picture the years ahead with Sophie and Ella growing up to be the friends that their mother's have become during this amazing process. Sophie's mom, Stacy told me today that in her shopping she bought matching outfits for her Sophie, Ella and our other Sophie (home since July 2005). It warms my heart to think of the three of them dressed alike and playing together!

This last group of referrals went through May 13th and my date is May 14th. So, whenver they come, I really am NEXT!!!! So, please keep your fingers crossed that next is not far away and get ready for photos and details in the coming months.

I wish you and your family a joyous New Year that reminds you of all the wonders of family and friendship!

2 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger SARA said...

Do you have your referral yet? I have been checking in but... no news....

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home