Monday, January 28, 2008

Chinese New Year - Act I




This is the year of the Rat and Saturday we went to the Oak Park FCC Lunar New Year dinner with our friends the Payne's and the Tolman's as well as Uncle Rob and Aunt Jenny. This is actually only the 1st of several events we will have in the coming weeks to celebrate the new year. It was a fun (and pretty relaxed evening) for all and Ella loved running around the room almost non-stop (literally). Two groups of young girls danced while we sat along the stage and Ella turned to me at one point and whispered, "Mommy, its beautiful." While I can't imagine her following the directions for the dance at this age, I am sure she will soon tell me she is ready for her dance lessons.


Happy New Year to friends and family near and far...


By the way, this dress that Ella is wearing is one that Uncle Rob and I had made for her when we were in China. It is really beautiful and I only wish that I had purchased more of these dresses while we were there.


1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim and Ella,

Happy Chinese New Year's Day -(chun jie). We want to thank you,Chris,Ileana,Sophie,Kristi, Michal & Kenna for including us in on the wonderful Chinese New Year festivities - We had a wonderful time and enjoyed being with all of you very much.

(P.S.) The girls looked so beautiful! Thanks again.

Love and God Bless,
Rob and Jenny xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home