Friday, April 07, 2006

We have our Travel Dates!

It is almost impossible for me to believe it but Rob and I will be meeting Ella on April 19th, not even two weeks from today! We just got the confirmation of our official appointments and we actually fly to Beijing on Monday, April 17th (we actually arrive in China on the 18th!) The unfortunate thing is that the late notice means we will not be able to tour Beijing before we head to Nanchang. The important thing, of course, is that I will have my daughter in my arms in 12 days.

I have a million things to do, buy, prepare and settle before then. I think I will definitely be working some late nights since my last day of work will be in a week! I really thought we would not be traveling until after May 1st so Rob was especially surprised when he saw the e-mail this evening (he saw it before I did and actually was the one to tell me the information which was a really nice treat!) Amazing brother that he is, he is in Dallas on business and was supposed to be working on a presentation for tomorrow. I called him on his cell phone with the proposed flight information and he got on-line and then on the telephone and he already has the flights on hold. Hopefully we will get the rest of our travel planning pretty much nailed down tomorrow and then get to make reservations and start Phase 2 - the shopping. Actually, I have a lot of it done but I need some stuff for myself and a few more things for Ella.

I just wanted to let everyone know that we should be home with Ella on Sunday, April 30th! Absolutely amazing! I will keep you posted as more of our trip gets finalized. Now I really do have to learn how to use the camera this weekend and figure out how to download photos to this site so you can watch our trip along the way.

2 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are so excited for you! :-)

safe travels, and can't wait for pictures. xoxo

(coincidentally, april 19 is maddy's birthday.)

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We looked on the calendar and counted the days until you bring her home! We can't wait!!! Pam and Sean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home