Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Day 7 With Ella

Today was a relatively quiet day and we are packing up to be ready at 7:00 am so I think Rob will wait to post more photos until tomorrow. It was rainy here in Nanchang so we didn't do much outdoors. We had our appointment first thing this morning to pick up Ella's Chinese passport. After that we went porcelin shopping and got a beautiful tea set for our home.

With the need to pack and get ready this evening the group decided to have our last group meal here at lunch time so we stopped at a restaurant with the coolest cylindrical shaped fish tank I have ever seen. The kids sure loved it and it was a very nice meal.

Ella had a great night sleep last night (knock on wood) and really seems to be doing well for the moment. She has really traveled well on the buses and I am hopeful the same will hold true on the airplane tomorrow, one can dream. She loves to hear her own voice very loudly and is very funny about it. She is spread out sideways on the crib right now and enjoyed a bath before bedtime. It is odd to think that just as we develop a schedule and routine here we will head home to the test of a totally new time zone and schedule for her. Many have done it before us so we will survive but I am hopeful for as little trauma for both of us as possible, only time will tell.

Hope everyone at home is well and we can't wait to see you, not that long now.

3 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

I am enjoying very much watching your experience with Ella. It brings back many fond memories. Thanks for sharing the experience with us.

The changes in her over the last 7 days are amazing. And the two of you look very comfortable with each other.

Her smile seems to get bigger everyday. She is just beautiful.

J

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim:

I am so glad that things are going well for you and Ella. You seem to be doing great. Ella seems like such a happy baby and I am sure that is because of the love you are showing her. I can't beleive that your trip is almost over. It seems like it has gone so quick. Have fun in Guangdong. It will be so different there much warmer. Get ready to really shop!!! Have a good trip.

Lisa and Lauren

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim:

Have a safe trip sorry we missed your phone call yesterday. I left the house at 6:30 for Milwaukee and
Mom came back from Ohio on Monday morning and headed straight for work.

Love,
Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home