Thank You
This trip to China has been absolutely amazing and the joy of this little girl brings me a peace and happiness I don't think I have ever known before in my life. For that, I just want to express my profound gratitude to her birth family and her birth mother. While I do not know the circumstances of her birth, or why her family did not keep her, I am well aware that such decisions are never easy. I want Ella to know that for their sacrifice and gift I am so truly thankful, in a way that I am sure I will never be able to fully express.
As one of the other Moms on the trip reminded me today, it will soon be Mother's Day, my first. I know that on that day and many others, I will think of Ella's birth mother and wish that she has peace and a good life. She (they) won't ever know exactly what happened to Ella but I will always do my best to honor their gift and sacrifice with love and acceptance for our little girl.
Thank you.

7 Comments:
I am so glad you posted one last time. We will see you in about 30 hours. Can't wait! Have a safe trip home. Stacy and Sophie
I wasn't sure if I'd see any updates when I checked here today, Saturday. As I've said before, I've enjoyed every minute and can't wait to meet Ella when she visits the bank. Thank you for giving me the blog address which allowed me to share the trip with you.
Carol B
See you at the airport!! Safe travels! ileana, chris & sophie
Rob, Kim and Ella -
Can't wait for your arrival! Looking forward to seeing you at the airport tommorrow. Wishing you a safe trip home. We love you very much.
Love, Jen & Jeffrey xoxox
I have been reading your post... very interesting to see what I will be going through in hopefully 11 months. Look forward to reading more.
Your daughter looks like a cherub... Take care - Felicity
Kim, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for including us on this beautiful journey. I feel so honored and privileged to be part of this wonderful experience. Your daughter is such a happy little angel. I will really miss checking in on the "Bahna's". I've become a little obscessed. You have brighten my mornings immensely any chance your blog will continue. Chris M
Following your BLOG has been such a joy for me. As a single Mom-to-be waiting in line behind you and Ella (July 8)sharing your trip has a wonderful way to pass this long wait.
Now I wish my brothers were coming along on the trip too but I don't think that Grandma would allow herself to be left behind.
Enjoy your lives together!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home