Friday, April 28, 2006

Dear Sweet Ella: My wishes for you - Uncle Rob

I have two more entries. This one for Ella, and then one for her mom. Then, I am turning this all over to mommy to finish. I have enjoyed sharing this journey with you all, thanks for putting up with me, and thanks for coming along for the ride. I hope you felt a little bit a part of it – you certainly were from our end. And thank you for your support of Kim and Ella now and in the future. They are both special people who deserve it. And our family really appreciates it.

For those of you wanting to see a picture of uncle Rob – you can visit www.chipendales.com. The third guy from the left – I look nothing like (assuming there is a third guy). I am much older, not good looking, don’t have a body even close to that, am much shorter, much balder, and have a lot more body hair…

We do have pictures of all of us – but this website is really about them and their journey of beginning their life together…I will continue to write to Ella – but this is where my part on the blog ends…

And now the story really begins…

All the best to you all,
Uncle Rob


Dear Sweet, Precious Ella:

Welcome to our family, welcome to our lives. Welcome HOME.

Our journey in China is almost over. We have 2 nights left and then we go back to Chicago. Right now you are out with Mommy getting all the paperwork finalized to go HOME. Then tomorrow we are off to Hong Kong on the train and then we leave at 12:45 on Sunday for Chicago, where you will get to meet many of the people reading this at the airport. I was told that Hong Kong is like New York on Steroids – so that should be interesting.

I have so much enjoyed being with you this last week. It is something I will cherish always. You are a very precious young lady. Please know that no matter what ever happens – we love you. You are a special gift that has been given to your mom and her family.

Unfortunately, there will be tough times in your life. People can be cruel and mean. People often try to put others down to make themselves look or feel better. But always remember these little tips:

Be the best person you can be.
Treat everyone well.
You are never alone – no matter what.
We will always love you – no matter what.
Nothing anyone ever says or does changes who you are.
Always believe in yourself. You can do anything and be anything you want if you are willing to work hard enough.
Look for the best in every situation – be a glass half full person (it makes life so much more enjoyable.)
Enjoy life. Enjoy love.
Be happy (it is really that simple…)
Never give up on your dreams whatever they are.

I wish you love. I wish you joy. I wish you health. I wish you prosperity. I wish you happiness. I wish you success – however you define it. I wish you inner peace. I wish you great friends (people can be great too..) I wish you the best of everything.

I will always be there for you, no matter what. And so will your very special mom.

I love you. Welcome HOME.

Uncle Rob

3 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, it's official. Ella has the best uncle ever!! Those are great words of wisdom. Ella is going to love reading this when she is older.

Take care,
Susie

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Paynes in China said...

In addition to the book on China buys for under 20 bucks, you can follow up with "The Joys of Unclehood". You have put some of the adoptive chinadads to shame!

See you guys at the airport!!!

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob:

Great articles your bringing tears to my eyes some great words of wisdom. Looking forward to seeing both of you at the airport on Sunday. This had to bethr greatest experience.

Love, Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home