Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Day 8 - Uncle Rob

Day 8

It is evening of a long day - ending here in Guandsdong. We are staying at a very nice hotel called the Foshan Hotel. No adjoining rooms this time, we have a junior suite which gives us a sitting room and a separate bedroom. And the crib that Ella is in is the same size as the beds we get….only she has walls to keep her from falling out…

The city itself is rather large – 10 million people – which means it would only be behind New York City in population in the US – and I would guess most of us have never heard of it (at least my uncultured self had not.) Unfortunately, we are over an hour from Guanzhou – which is were we will be doing everything for the next few days before we leave for Hong Kong on Saturday morning. The trade fair is going on so we could not get into the White Swan with such short notice.

I don’t want to steal Kim’s thunder – so I will let her tell you about Ella and her first airplane trip and how she did today. (I am no longer worried about getting a ton of $5 bills if that gives you any hint…)

It rained all day today – and we started traveling at 8:15 this morning and go to the hotel at 6:00. A long day when you have 8 babies who are used to naps, warm bottles, and not being on busses and a planes for 13 hours. But actually – they were all very good. Looking at the difference in the whole group of children in one week is amazing. As we sat in the airport today – not one child was crying… And they looked happy.

Ella – you were a trooper. You had some issues with the male doctor at the clinic for your check-up, but other than that – you did great. You have one healthy set of lungs. At dinner with the Skoogs – you were voted loudest screamer/crier of the day. That’s my girl – if you are going to do it – go all the way and be the very best… And as far as males go - we need to talk. Especially when one utters "doctor" in any shape or form.....

Uncle Rob

2 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, Congratulations on your beautiful baby, she is gorgeous!! Ron and I really enjoy your letters and keeping up with your activities. We can't wait till we see all of you. Have a save trip home. Rob you are an amazing brother!!Ella, what a great Mom and Uncle you have! Love Ron & Nancy

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that you are almost home I have figured out how to use the blog. I have been awed by the whole journey. I feel honored to be a very small part of it. Ella is absolutely beautiful. Ella and you, Kim, look more and more relaxed with each picture. I can't wait to see her when you get home.
Love to all of you.
Barbara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home