On the Eve of Leaving for China

Almost unbelievable but in about 12 hours Rob and I will be taking off for China! Everyone keeps asking me if I am excited and it is so hard to explain that I really cannot get my brain around the concept that after all this waiting, on Wednesday I really will be her mom! I am sure that this will be a rough transition for her, we are asking her to accept so much change in her life so quickly. Not to mention, of course, the sleep transition for me that those who know me so well think is really funny!
It was quite a whirlwind to plan this trip in 10 short days but I got tons of help and Rob has been really great and open to this whole amazing journey.
Here is our itinerary so you can follow along, our hope is to have stories from our days as well as pictures (plenty of Ella) and finally end the debate of exactly what size my little one really is!
April 18th Arrive Beijing, Fly to Nanchang (capital of Ella's province, Jiangxi)
April 19th Other families in our group arrive in Nanchang, afternoon we go to the Civil Affairs office and meet our daughters
April 20th Paperwork for the adoption
April 21-24 Sightseeing and Shopping in Nanchang (Ella's province is famous for its ceramics, very good for the teapot collector)
April 23rd Hopefully we have the opportunity to visit Ella's orphanage
April 25th Paperwork
April 26th Fly to Guangzhou, Medical Appointments
April 27th Consulate Appointment/Major Shopping Trip/Red Couch Photos
April 28th Consulate Oath Ceremony//Ready to Leave
April 29th Train to Hong Kong/Spend the day at Victoria Peak
April 30th Fly Home
Two weeks from today, without any flight delays, Ella will hopefully be trying to sleep in her new bed while Grandma spends a couple of days with us to help me get some sleep as well.
I hope you enjoy watching our trip as much as I know we will enjoy experiencing it. Thanks for coming along.

5 Comments:
I am the first one to comment. We are so excited that you are off to Ella. Sophie is counting the days until they meet. Have fun! Hope the flight went well. Stacy
You should be about four hours from landing in Beijing! Have an amazing, amazing trip and we'll se you BOTH in two weeks. Kristi
HI KIM,
I was going to call you but didn't want to bother you on your last day home. I wish you the best. I am so excited for you. Take care of yourself too!
Chris K.
Can't wait to see the first blog from China.
Kim: Congrats on leaving. I am so happy for you. Have a great time. You will be a great mom. I can't wait to hear more about your trip and meet Ella.
Lisa
Post a Comment
<< Home