Saturday, September 06, 2008

First Day of School





It is amazing to me that Ella really is 3 and started school this week!! While I know that in the end she'll love it and learn so much, it is so scary to take her to this big school and drop her off every day (much more so for me than her I am sure). She did amazingly well, Grammy and Grandpa Bob went with us to drop her off on her first day and once she showed us around a bit (and tried out the kidsize bathroom) she gave me a kiss and waved good-bye. She definitely had some trepidation in the mornings but each day when I asked her she told me she had lots of fun and she liked "everything" they do at school. Per her teachers she is not so sure about walking in line but she loves to play with the computer and all the art projects. She has been taking full advantage of the two hour nap time each afternoon and she is so psyched to have her friend Rachel with her every day. She is also packing her lunch with me every evening and seems to love that "big girl" part of going to school!


We were so fortunate to get her into one of the CPS magnet schools so I feel very lucky and I know that she is going to love all the play and learning. As a matter of fact, this morning she wanted to write her name on their sign in board and did an amazing job of writing the letters of her name! I really just want to her to have fun and learn to love school, I figure she'll decide what it is she wants to learn and I'm perfectly happy with that!


It is just so amazing each morning to see my little girl dressed for school with her backpack on her back (thank you, Nancy) and toting her princess lunch box. I guess what she tells me all the time is true, "I not a baby anymore, Mama, I a big girl." Then I tell her the truth as I know it, "you'll always be my baby, Ella."


1 Comments:

At 1:27 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Ella:

Have a great time at school this year. You look like such a big girl with your backpack and lunch bag. We miss you.

Lisa and Lauren

 

Post a Comment

<< Home