Day 3 - Uncle Rob's Twisted View
Ella – Day 3
We are having trouble with the websight for picures. Will follow up with pictures soon.
My beautiful, special niece (and I have several – so in this case I am talking about you, Ella)… Your mom and I believe we saw your real personality starting to come out today. And you get more special every day. It is going to be an unbelievably fun 9 days for me to figure you out (not to mention the lifetime after that).
Your mom keeps telling me that you are the cutest of the group and the smartest. Of course 8 other families believe the same thing about their new child (that is the number of families/babies in our group.) And being me – I have to tell your mom that. But you know what – she is right. You are too darn cute, smart as heck, and you are going to be so much fun to watch grow up.
You actually said your name tonight. Not wishful thinking – you repeated Ella at least 3 times when mommy and I were saying it to you. I know saying Ella is not like saying “Rumplestilskin” - but for nine months – WOW. Of course you could have said ECK - and we would have taken it as Ella - but that is not important right now. And if you say “DA,DA” one more time while I am even in the neighborhood – it is going to be a wrestling match of who really gets to take you home!
You love to dance, dance, dance. All we have to do is say that and you start rocking. And you keep watching in the mirror from the other room to make sure I am doing the same. You let me in today - and I thank you for that. And of course – Mom has no choice – she is dancing up a storm. Your smile lights up her face…
You love water bottles. Your cousin Jeffery (our dog – yes we are one of those couples….sorry) might wrestle you for those. But it actually worked out good – because at meals you are chewing on the top of the bottle and momma is using that to make sure you are eating all your food because you like to hide it in those beautiful cheeks. When you chew on the bottle – we know your mouth is empty.
At dinner tonight you made your mom so happy. You started to fuss a little – actually just looking for attention – not crying. One of the guides came over to “help” so mom could actually eat a little. Then when the guide had you - you started to cry and would not stop. When your mom went to get you – you stopped instantly and gave her the biggest hug. You are reaching for her, looking for her and responding to her every move.
Watching the bonding take place has been an amazing thing. In less than three days –she has truly become your Mom. Funny thing is – she doesn’t even see that yet like I do. (Don’t worry – I will make her read this…..)And the difference from just yesterday is undesribable.
We went for a tour this afternoon and mom carried you all over the city. Like you – she is sleeping now, angel. She just fell asleep on my bed. And I hope you both have sweet dreams – because that is what you are giving us.
Uncle Rob

6 Comments:
Rob,
Ella is so lucky to have you there with her! What a compassionate and loving uncle you have been to her!
Love,
Pam
I am glad that things are going well!! Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Susie
Kim,
Your daughter is beautiful! May she bring you all the joy my beautiful daughter, Kelly, brings to me! hope to meet her soon.
Chris
You are right! Ella is one of the cuter kids I've seen adopted from China recently. Congrats!
Rob:
Your going to be a novel writer.
Thanks for your support of Kim!
Love, Dad
Rob -
I was so moved by what you wrote today - Ella is one lucky little girl to have you as her uncle. She is truly an angel sent from up above! (P.S.) So happy Ella is warming up to you. Also, please tell Ella her Aunt Jenny loves to dance and can't wait to dance with her soon. Love & miss you.
Jen & Jeffrey xoxoxo
Post a Comment
<< Home