Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Ella Day


Well, as someone told me before I left, "enjoy the moment, it is over so quickly." It is just AWESOME, in the truest sense of that word. We walk into a room at the Civil Affairs office and we walk through the group of babies. To be honest I couldn't even focus enough to figure out which one was Ella (Rob and I do agree that she looks a bit different from the photos I have been carrying around). I was the third family called and she is just beautiful. None to happy to be handed over to me but that was really okay. I know that today (and the coming days) will be filled with so much change for her that I was prepared for that reaction. She had a couple of calm moments with the krinkly book (thanks, Ileana) and looking at Uncle Rob as he took photos.

She didn't want the bottle we brought and she has a bit of a cough and runny nose so she was none to fond of the kleenex on her face. We came back to the hotel almost immediately and we have been hanging out in the room ever since. She was very upset for quite a while and did not really eat very much (we tried formula, rice cereal and peaches and she ate a little but not a lot). Finally Rob suggested the television and we found a channel playing bad 70's and 80's love songs and she started to fall asleep (thumb in her mouth). I will post a photo of her sleeping, she won't move around to make the most convenient photo but in the coming days we'll have lots more to show you.

I am going to sign off as I expect she will be waking up sometime soon and should finally be hungry for something. Talk to you tomorrow.

Kim

17 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

She's beautiful.

Congratulations.

Jane

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim and Rob,

Pam called at 7:30. Told me there were pictures and hung up so I could quickly get to the computer.
What a great way to start the day!!She is beautiful. Check out all that dark hair just like her Mom.
Can only imagine the emotions when you took her into your arms, now you will never have to let her go ...until she wants to explore.
Later, Mom

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim-
Congratulations!!! She is beautiful. You were right. Her hair is not long enough for pigtails yet (but soon hopefully). Can't wait to see all of the pictures you guys are taking. Rob, the blog is great. I am laughing and crying at the same time. Have fun with Ella! Susie

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is a totally gorgeous Jiangxi girl as I knew she would be! Hmm, seems she's not that big........I knew it!!! Anyway, we are so excited for you, seeing the Civil Affairs room & your hotel room brings back all the memories of 9 months ago. Sophie was up this morning pointing saying baba & ella! Can't wait to see her in person. Enjoy every minute! ileana

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Kim, she is beautiful! And I have to say she doesn't look that big after all.

You two look perfect together. We can't wait to see you both in two weeks.

Kristi

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it - congratulations!! I am so happy for you! Ella is absolutely beautiful (look at all that hair!)I can't wait to pinch her cheeks!

Love,
Lisa

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, she is wonderful, I hope her disposition is as well. Good luck on your journey. Anne

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Paynes in China said...

She is definately a "good one"! BTW, Sophie has mastered "Ella" but Ileana forgot to add that Sophie also said "Kim" for the first time today. We will have her saying both names spontaneously by the time you return.

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aunt kim and Uncle Rob,

Hi! I love you! I hope we meet you tomorrow!

Love,
Sean

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ella is GORGOUS! Sammi was with me when I opened your blog and pointed and said "Baby sleeping!" I am so happy for you both!

Hugs,
Stephanie

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

She has the look! Don't forget to buy the squeaky shoes. Enjoy your first days with Ella, they are the best.

Mark

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim:
She is so beactiful. Congrats on becoming a mommy. I know that it is a dream come true. I opened your blog site first thing this morning to see the pictures. She has a lot of hair (lucky you) and she has such a sweet face. Lauren looked at the pictures and now is talking all about Ella. Have a great time and enjoy the time you have in China. I can't wait to see how your trip progresses and to see more pictures of little Ella.

Lisa

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,
She is beautiful. Congratulations.
I very proud of you very emotional
reading your blog. Looking forward
to seeing Ella. She looks much smaller than the original pictures.
Enjoy the next couple of days.
I'm in Champaign working eating
at Alexanders tonight which should
bing back some memories. We have come a long way since those college
days.

Love, Dad

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kim and Ella!

Ella, you are a cutie petutie!!!

Wishing you all the best...

Claudia

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

After a day of computer problems, I decided not to spend the rest of the day working, but instead spend it with you and Ella.

What a beautiful daughter you have! I am so happy for you and your family. I just finished reading the entire blog and enjoyed every bit of it. (I had tears in my eyes during most of it.)

Looking forward to more pictures and seeing you and Ella in the U.S.

Carol B

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Congratulations" Kim. Ella is the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen. I just love her dark hair and dark eyes. When I woke up this morning, turned on the computer and read the blog and saw the pictures of Ella, I have to admit, I just lost it! So many tears of joy for you and Ella. Jeffrey looked at me as if I had lost my mind (he thinks his new cousin is just beautiful also). I can not express into words how truly happy and excited I am for you - you so deserve such a precious little one. I can not wait until April 30th when I can give Ella a big hug & kiss (my dad was known for this - Rob you know what I mean). May you enjoy the rest of your time in China with your beautiful daughter Kim.
Love you, Jen. & Jeffrey xoxoxo

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is just gorgeous! I am thrilled for you and baby Ella. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Anne & Carissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home