Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Gotcha Day - Rob - Ella is here!!





GOTCHA!! Ella has arrived. She wore a red jumpsuit and pink shoes to meet her mom. She is gorgeous!! I don’t know the rules – I feel like I should write both mom and baby are doing well – even though it was not a birth - so I am going to…Both mom and baby are doing great!

We were able to film most of it. And take lots of pictures – which is what we know you want to see – so enough of my silly ramblings. Kim might write later – right now she is too busy holding her precious daughter – and we just figured out how to make her stop crying after her first meal and change of diaper as a Bahna…..

It was an honor witnessing this. As I type now – our adjoining room doors are open and Ella – you are asleep in your mom’s arms. And you suck your thumb beautiful girl.
And it appears as if you love music (even if it is elevator music of bad 70 songs – it works for us.) Hard to explain the look in Kim’s eyes now that the initial shock is gone.

Pictures are on the way!

Rob

9 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! We were surprised to see pictures up already this morning but were hopeful. She looks like her mom!!
Kim, you guys look great together! Hope it is going as well as it looks! You're a natural!
Love, Pam and Sean

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Paynes in China said...

Absolutely beautiful. Congratulations! Kim, we are so excited for you. Rob, it sounds like you are having a great time. I am glad you got to post all of this so quickly. Sophie can't wait to meet Ella!

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so thilled to wake up to pictutes. She is beautiful! My tears are turned on already. She doesn't look as big as expected, hopefully the packing is ok. If not that is what shopping is all about. Sophie Mei is so excited to meet her new friend. Rob you are doing a great job as a writer and uncle. Stacy

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mommy Kimmie!!! She is adorable & beautiful! I am so very excited for you. Ella, I cannot wait to meet you. Uncle Rob, great narrative!
Kiesha

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob,

Lucky you to be sharing this with your sister and thanks for so eloquently sharing your feelings with us at home. Enjoy yourselves
and the experience and take care. I love you.
Mom

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Auntie Kim - If I hadn't seen Hannah Robinson, I would say that your daughter is the most beautiful I have seen! I re-live all the emotions of Gottcha Day seeing Ella's pictures. It is so wonderful that you are finally a Mom. I'm sure you will savor every second from here on - as we say in our household - "even when I am really mad at you!"
Love Deb & Hannah
p.s. be sure to buy lots of CNY dresses in bigger sizes and holiday lanterns for decorations for the years to come!

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob:

Great job on the pictures and narrative. I'm very proud of you
helping Kim through this wonderful
event with Ella. Keep sending the pictures and supporting Kim.
I'm so proud of you both. Mike Codella and I will have a drink for
both of you at Alexanders in Champaign tonight.
Love, Dad

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Congratulations" Uncle Rob -
Ella is just beautiful. Can I tell you that you're doing such a fantastic job with blogging and sending us pictures of Ella. Keep up the great work honey. We miss you tons! Love, Jen & Jeffrey xoxo

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a blessed little child Ella is.She will bring so much joy to so many people.Love makes the world go around.Kim you are so blessed that you have such a great brother and my beautiful daughter,for support.
love Monica

 

Post a Comment

<< Home